From e..@swapsimple.com
Subject Re: passing variable to custom tag
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:44:18 GMT
On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 03:39:52PM +0200, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:
> Hi, I have designed custom tag, which displays date depending of difference
> beteen current date and specified date, it looks like this
>
> <jd:formatDate dates="Today,Yesterday,2 days ago"
> date="${late_messages.time_end}" format="dd-MM-yyyy"/>
>
> But I have problem passing variable from JSTL forEach tag into my tag, it does
> not passed and throws an exeption. However date attribute in tag definition
> is defined with 'rtexpval' property. Tag definistion is below:

rtexprvalue does not have any effect on EL expressions.  It controls
whether or not you can use a run-time, e.g. "<%= ... %>", expression.

> Could somebody please suggest how should I pass variables from JSTL tags to
> custom tags libraries?

Posted a "help me" message without enough detailed information isn't going to
get you many answers.  For instance, posting the actual exception that you get
would be helpful.  Showing the entire forEach block wouldn't hurt.  Maybe
even the container (Tomcat?) and version, as well as what version of the
servlet spec your webapp uses (2.4? 2.3?)

eric