From e..@swapsimple.com
Subject Re: passing variable to custom tag
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:28:29 GMT
On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 10:50:44AM +0200, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 01:20:14AM -0600, erh@swapsimple.com wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 09:19:00PM +0200, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:
> > > Actually I'm using Tomcat 5.0 and JSTL 1.1 from Jakarta. The code looks like
> > > this:
> > >
> > > <c:forEach var="obj" items="${collection}">
> > >     <my:custom parameter="${obj.creation_date}" />
> > > </c:forEach>
> > >
> > > And the exception is JasperException, with message "-348"
> > 	What?  Are you saying you're getting an exception that looks like this:
> > org.apache.jasper.JasperException: -348
> > ???  Is there some reason you don't want to post the actual exception text?
> > Are there any nested exceptions?  (e.g. lines that start with "Caused by:"
> > and then another exception)
>
> Here is an exception below, it is generated when I'm calling
> RequestDistaptcher.include("page.jsp");

	hmm.. not purely jsp.  Have you tried accessing the jsp page directly?
(or, perhaps just a stripped down copy of it with just the problematic lines)

> ERROR 14/48/05 10:48:07 [http-8180-Processor24] (SecureServletTemplate:268) - org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
-308
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: -308

	ah, oh yeah.  There's a bit of a bug in Tomcat where certain exceptions
don't get logged properly.  The text of the exception gets passed along,
but not the exception itself.  That "-308" would probably make a whole lot
more sense if you knew the actual exception type.  As it is, I have no idea
what it means.
	Try wrapping the contents of the jsp page in a c:catch tag, and
logging the exception yourself.  That might help point out what the
actual problem is.

eric