From "Alistair Sutton" <alist...@paymentsystemsltd.com>
Subject Namespace problem
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:32:45 GMT
Hi

I am writing JSPs using Xtags and am having trouble mixing two namespaces in
one Xpath query

This works (but is unweidly)

<x:context
select="//Transaction:Response/Transaction:CardCollection/*[name()='Card']">

This does not work

<x:context
select="//Transaction:Response/Transaction:CardCollection/Common:Card">

It does not report an error, simply fails to find the element.

If I want to refer to any element from the Common namespace I have to use
the /*[name()='Whatever']  format.

We have two namespaces, Common and Transaction.

My input XML file has Common namespace as the Default Namespace which makes
me think it is something to do with that.  I def have declared transaction
and Common namespaces in my JSP.  It has no problem with the Transaction
namespace.

I have tried fully qualifying the input XML with the Common namespace but no
joy.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I am using Xtags as it is clean and neat to code with but this is quickly
making my pages unreadable.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Version From my Xtags tld file

<tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>