From "Lamine Ba" <lamin...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Java Tip
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:01:08 GMT
Hi Khris,
That's what I was doing before.  The problem with this strategy is that
I also have to handle months in the calendar that are more or less than
30 days.  Moreover, there is no simple way to set the time to 0 and do
Day operations only.

T Lamine Ba
Software Intelligence for Real Estate Professionals.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kris Schneider [mailto:kris@dotech.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:46 PM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Re: [OT] Java Tip

Or, create yourself a utility class:

public class TimeConstants {
     public static final long SECOND_MS = 1000;
     public static final long MINUTE_MS = 60 * SECOND_MS;
     public static final long HOUR_MS = 60 * MINUTE_MS;
     public static final long DAY_MS = 24 * HOUR_MS;
     // add another here for two days if it's used often enough
}

Then:

return (timestamp.getTime() >= (System.currentTimeMillis() + (2 *
TimeConstants.DAY_MS)));

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>