From Luca Passani <pass...@eunet.no>
Subject Re: <c:set> and runtime expressions
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 08:48:00 GMT
Tarek Nabil wrote:

>Thanks a lot Luca for pointing this out. I must say it's completely new
>information to me. I wonder if it's really accurate and relevant to all
>containers.
>
>For example, in Oracle Containers for Java (OC4J), when you redeploy an
>application, the OC4J instance is restarted. You can reload an
>application without restarting the OC4J instance. Do you think that
>would make it immune against this kind of problem? I'm also going to the
>Oracle forums with that question.

can you post (or send me off-line) a pointer to your post on the Oracle
forum?

I am interested in this for a bit of open source that I have released
and where I have used a Singleton.
If I restart the application, it takes increasingly more time for the
app-server to recover each time the Singleton is rebuilt.
This is a problem I want to fix for the first release.

Luca