From Lorenzo Sicilia <ar...@kemen.it>
Subject jsp 1.2 and jstl core tag work only with core_rt tld
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2006 17:47:23 GMT
hi to all,

I woud like to switch a small backend to jsp 1.2
sql tags works fine but core tag (c:if, c:forEach, etc) I gen this error:
attribute items does not accept any expressions

If I use xmlns:c="urn:jsptld:http://java.sun.com/jstl/core doesn't works.
Otherwise when I user "_rt" version all work fine.

Is it a bug or may be core tag it's deprecated on jsp 1.2 or other ideas?
I found a post that speak about this behavior:
http://archives.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0303&L=jsp-interest&P=14025

follow a workin example:
<jsp:root version="1.2"
	xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page"
	xmlns:c="urn:jsptld:http://java.sun.com/jstl/core_rt"

	<c:forEach items="${applicationScope.langSet}" var="row">

	<c:choose>
		<c:when test="${row.id_language == sessionScope.language}">
			${row.name}
		</c:when>
		<c:otherwise>
			<a	href="changeLanguage.do?idLanguage=${row.id_language}"
				title="${row.name}">${row.name}</a>
		</c:otherwise>
	</c:choose>
	</c:forEach>