From William Ross <b...@ross-consult.com>
Subject Re: Need help in sending mail using UTF-8
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:30:07 GMT
Assuming your creating a j2ee complaint app, after some rather
exhaustive testing and re-testing, I found that adding this to your
web.xml seems to be a pretty generic solution:

<locale-encoding-mapping-list>
<locale-encoding-mapping>
<locale>cn</locale>
<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</locale-encoding-mapping>
</locale-encoding-mapping-list>

If this works in every case, I don't know. I simply don't have the
timewidth to make definitive conclusions. This worked for me in a
way that seems like its pretty generic though. Adding any number of
headers to the request stream just seemed to produce nothing legitimate
in my case(s). And I do a lot of Asian encoding, being a squeeker of
Japanese. Good luck.