From Eric Haszlakiewicz <...@swapsimple.com>
Subject Re: Content is not allowed in prolog. - text editor for Windows XP that shows special characters before the prolog
Date Sat, 22 Jul 2006 12:01:07 GMT
On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 03:04:32AM -0700, Rashmi Rubdi wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I have already searched on the Internet and this mailing list for an answer to this
error message:

>   [Fatal Error] jstl::1:1: Content is not allowed in prolog.
>
>   Most of the answers so far seemed to indicate that theres a special BOM character that
is "invisible" to most editors, that gets added to UTF-8 files

>   I am struggling with this problem, I tried to change the encoding to UTF-8, UTF-16
and ISO but none of them seemed to solve the problem

>   Does anyone know of a "real text editor" for Windows XP, which will allow me to see
if there are any special characters before the prolog?

>   heres my xml:
>   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII"?>
  ^^ Are these spaces actually there in your xml, or is that just how
you pasted it into your email?  Some XML parsers are very picky about
having _anything_, even whitespace, before the '<?xml'.