From "John Hutchinson" <belwiglistm...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: io:request and output=false
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:59:44 GMT
I never did see this message appear on the list. Resending it in case I
screwed up the initial posting.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Hutchinson <belwiglistmail@gmail.com>
Date: Jul 11, 2006 4:31 PM
Subject: io:request and output=false
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org

This has probably been answered before, so I apologize in advance.

I'm trying to 'ping' a URL to see if the url is 'alive'. I'm using
<io:request> inside a <c:catch>. This seems to work ok if output=true (an
exception occurs whe the site is down), but my desired behavior
(output=false) doesn't throw an exception when the http response returns a
404 or 503 or some other non-successful status. Any thoughts?

I'm looking for another JSTL solution, or I might modify the URLTag code to
behave the way I want (and I think most users would expect: which is the
same behavior as output=true would behave).

Thanks.