From Rashmi Rubdi <dev_subscripti...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: EL expressions not being evaluated..
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:46:56 GMT
Behind the scenes JSPs are Servlets .

  I had the same problem as maya is facing and after following the instructions here: http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-taglibs/FrequentlyAskedQuestions
, and making sure that there was no version mismatch between the .tld files and the URIs and
getting the correct versions of the JAR files solved the problem.

  -Rashmi

Andrés Florit <aflorit@gmail.com> wrote:
  Expression Language (EL) is part of the JSP 2.0 specification. If I'm not
wrong it has anything to do with servlets. If you use JSP 1.2 you have to
import the JSTL libraries. I think that Tomcat 5 implemnts JSP 2.0.
Sorry my english.

Andrés