From Rashmi Rubdi <dev_subscripti...@yahoo.com>
Subject Need info on: JspException: In <parseNumber>, a parse locale can not be established
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:56:25 GMT
I couldn't find any information on this error:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException:
In <parseNumber>, a parse locale can not be
established

I only see this error in the server logs and it does
not prevent the JSP page from executing and displaying
itself.

I think this error was caused by this line of code in
my JSP:

<fmt:parseNumber var="quotient" value="${item_position
div 10}" type="number" integerOnly="true" />

In the above code i'm trying to divide item_position
by 10 and trying to get only the integer portion of
the result. (Not performing any i8n)

In short, I'm trying to integer truncate the quotient.

Am I supposed to set the locale before using
fmt:parseNumber?

Although this page displays correctly, I'm having
problems while crawling/spidering the page and wish to
eliminate all errors to ensure that the page is
crawled properly.

Please help.

-Rashmi