From Rashmi Rubdi <dev_subscripti...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Support for &amp; as a parameter separator in <c:url>]
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:06:53 GMT
I think by design, separating the task of escaping
entities makes the c:url action change proof.

By this I mean, irregardless of whether it's HTML4.0
which requires the un-escaped version of the ampersand

or if it's XHTML1.0 which requires an escaped version

or if suppose something new (XML2.0, XHTML2.0) came up
and instead of &amp; if it required say a
hexadecimal/unicode version of ampresand then c:url
would have to change every time an XML spec or some
other dependent spec changed.

By keeping it in the basic form (unescaped ampersand),
we can use c:out to change it to anything else.

Also c:redirect requires an unescaped version of the
ampersand.

-Regards
Rashmi