From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: huge memory amount bound by sleeping standard tags
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2006 02:19:57 GMT
thomas rimmele-nguyen wrote:
> Tomcat 5.0.27

Look in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml for the jsp servlet
(org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet) and set its enablePooling
init-param to false.

> Does it have a big impact on performance?

Hard to say. It's likely app and tag dependent. First, see if it solves
your memory issue. If it does, then decide if the app's performance is
still acceptable. If it is, ship it! ;-)

P.S.
If the app's performance isn't acceptable with pooling disabled, keep using
the profiler to be sure you're identifying the real performance issues...

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>