From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: EL expressions not being evaluated..
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:33:38 GMT
maya wrote:
> again, thank you all very much.. as mentioned, I have Tomcat 5.0.27,
> which comes with the following (as specified in release-notes.txt that
> comes with it):
>
> * commons-collections*.jar (Commons Collections 2.1 or later)
> * commons-dbcp.jar (Commons DBCP 1.1 or later)
> * commons-el.jar (Commons Expression Language 1.0)
> * commons-logging-api.jar (Commons Logging API 1.0.3 or later)
> * commons-pool.jar (Commons Pool 1.1 or later)
> * jasper-compiler.jar (Jasper 2 Compiler)
> * jasper-runtime.jar (Jasper 2 Runtime)
> * jsp-api.jar (JSP 2.0 API)
> * commons-el.jar (JSP 2.0 Expression Language)
> * naming-common.jar (JNDI Context implementation)
> * naming-factory.jar (JNDI object factories for J2EE ENC support)
> * naming-resources.jar (JNDI DirContext implementations)
> * servlet-api.jar (Servlet 2.4 API)
>
> this means my EL expressions should evaluate, right?

Don't worry about that stuff, focus on your app. The first thing to do is
to make sure you're using a Servlet 2.4 web.xml. It should look something
like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
          version="2.4">

</web-app>

If you're using a Servlet 2.3 web.xml, then EL will be ignored by default.

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>