From "Andrés Florit" <aflo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EL expressions not being evaluated..
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:59:47 GMT
With JSP 2.0 you can use EL in all the page because it is part of the
specification. Whit JSP 1.2 you can only use it with JSTL tags and customs
tags (this last one I'm not very sure). EL is evaluated before the JSP
is converted to a servlet, so I don't think you can use it in a servlet.
Here's a good link about the differences between JSP 1.2 and 2.0.

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/11/05/jsp.html

Andrés