From maya <maya778...@yahoo.com>
Subject EL expressions not being evaluated..
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:42:59 GMT
I can't get my EL expressions to evaluate to what they're supposed to...
they print verbatim, in both IE and FF, like for example:

   Server Name: ${pageContext.request.serverName}
   Server Port: ${pageContext.request.serverPort}
   Remote Address: ${pageContext.request.remoteAddr}
   Remote Host: ${pageContext.request.remoteHost}

or this in a bean:

   Name retrieved from JavaBean has the value of: ${param.name}.

anything else I've tried to do w/EL it always prints like this in
browser.. why is this..  (running on Tomcat 5, everything pretty
standard..)  thank you..