From maya <maya778...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: EL expressions not being evaluated..
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:07:01 GMT
thank you all very much for your responses..  will have to check
everything you guys say tonight at home (off the top of my head, I know
I have Tomcat 5.0.27 and, as far as I know, JSP 2.0; Servlet 2.4 specif
(this I know for sure, I looked it up when downloaded JSTL..)

one of the respondents seemed to be implying you can only use EL with
JSTL, I don't suppose I understood right, since I assume it can also be
used with custom tags and beans..

again, thank you very much..

-m

Rashmi Rubdi wrote:
> Behind the scenes JSPs are Servlets .
>
>   I had the same problem as maya is facing and after following the instructions here:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-taglibs/FrequentlyAskedQuestions , and making sure that there
was no version mismatch between the .tld files and the URIs and getting the correct versions
of the JAR files solved the problem.