From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updated log taglib?
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 21:52:07 GMT
I don't know if it's valid, but the current trunk of the log taglib
uses commons-logging [so it can sit on top of log4j, jdk logging etc].
It seemed like a good idea N years ago [best intentions and all], but
it can be rolled back if it's problematic.

I'm quite happy to mentor someone if they want to work on the log taglib. :)

Hen

On 2/18/07, Gaurav Arora <gaurav-lists@codercorp.com> wrote:
> The project I am working on may need to use the taglib. I will definitely try my best
to patch it and send the patch on the list. I was thinking of patching the benchmark taglib
as well to use a variable instead of printing the time.

> I haven't contributed to the ASF projects(mainly because I come from the scripting world)
before so I was wondering if there is a process that needs to be followed. Should patches
and such be discussed with other developers on the dev mailing list first?