From Wadim Kruse <z-c...@web.de>
Subject jstl 1.1.2, xml - how to concat two variables?
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 20:52:08 GMT

Hi,

I wasn't able to figure out, how to concat two variables (xml-document and
xpath-expression).
The documentation says that "XPathExpression" in <x:set var="" select="">
should be a string literal... What is the way to use a variable
XPathExpression to select an xml-fragment? I don't want to hard-code it in
the JSP. In case it's not possible to concat two variables, what would be
the alternative to do that? SAX-filter?

Best regards,
Wadim

<%@ pagelanguage="java"contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
        pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>

<%@ taglibprefix="c"uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"%>
<%@ taglibprefix="x"uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/xml"%>

<c:setvar="doc">
        <c:importurl="data/collection.xml"></c:import>
</c:set>

<c:setvar="xpath">
       ...some xpath-expression...
</c:set>

<c:setvar="xsl">
        <c:importurl="styles/tree2.xsl"></c:import>
</c:set>

<x:parsevar="xml"xml="${doc}"/>

<x:setvar="test"select="$xml$xpath"/>   <!-- DOESN'T WORK!!! , hard-coded
xpath works... -->

<x:outselect="{$test}"/>