From "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mailer-taglib v1.1 error when changing database
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 03:26:21 GMT
Hi Philip,

I haven't worked with the mailer-taglib, but I'm familiar with other
taglibs and some basic concepts of taglibs and also the specific error
you are getting, I'm not sure if I can help but I'll try.

It would be useful for us to see relevant snippets of code that causes
this error, in order to diagnose the problem.

Please post the section between
	<mt:send>

	</mt:send>

and also post any other code that you think is relevant.

According to the documentation
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/StringIndexOutOfBoundsException.html
this error java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out
of range: -1 is caused when "..... indicate that an index is either
negative or greater than the size of the string."

And the above error is occurring when the substring method is invoked
on something in
org.apache.taglibs.mailer.SendTag.doStartTag(SendTag.java:265)

Looking at line 265 of SendTag.java would give additional clues.

-Regards
Rashmi