From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: jakarta input taglib libraries
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 23:27:41 GMT
Stephen Ince wrote:
> I am trying to download 1.2 taglib-input but I only see 1.0 on the
> jakarata site. I am missing something?
> Does taglib-input 1.2 support EL expression? e.g. can I do the following.
> <input:radio name="durationType[${counter}]}" value="count"
> default="${durationType}"  />

Any taglib attribute that's an rtexpr will work with EL expressions in a
JSP 2.0 (or later) container - like Tomcat 5.5. This is due to the fact
that EL evaluation was moved into the container as of JSP 2.0. I'm pretty
sure the Input taglib falls into that category, but it should be really
easy to test ;-).

BTW, I don't think that the Input taglib has ever been officially released,
so I'm not sure what "1.2 taglib-input but I only see 1.0" means. This is
where the nightly builds live:

http://people.apache.org/builds/jakarta-taglibs/nightly/projects/input/

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>