From Trenton Adams <tr...@trentonadams.ca>
Subject Re: c:url and context path completion
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:32:22 GMT
Kris Schneider wrote:
> On 11/28/07, Trenton Adams <trent@trentonadams.ca> wrote:
>
>> Kris Schneider wrote:

URLs can

>>> Oh well, worth a shot. I don't have TC 6 installed to test, but maybe
>>> I'll do that later tonight. Does TC 6 come with an implementation of
>>> JSTL 1.2 or are you using JSTL 1.1? Does your app use a Servlet 2.5 or
>>> 2.4 web.xml?
>>>

>> I tried 5.5 just now, and it has the same problem.
>>
>> Tomcat 6 does not come with JSTL.
>>
>> web.xml is using 2.3
>> <!DOCTYPE web-app
>>     PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
>>     "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
>>

>> I am using JSTL 1.1.2
>>

> For starters, try this:
>
> <web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
>          xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>          xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"
>          version="2.5">
> </web-app>
>
> No DOCTYPE. Unless your app really needs to be 2.3-based...

No affect, still have the problem.  I stopped tomcat, restarted, and
removed the work directory for my context, just in case, but still see
the problem.

FYI: I'm initializing like so...

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/functions" prefix="fn" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/benchmark-1.0"
prefix="bm" %>

I think I'll try a simple test case, like Hassan suggested.