From Trenton Adams <tr...@trentonadams.ca>
Subject Re: c:url and context path completion
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:43:51 GMT
Martin Cooper wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2007 1:01 PM, Trenton Adams <trent@trentonadams.ca> wrote:
>

>> Kris Schneider wrote:

>> seeing?

>>> This wouldn't happen to be a JSP sitting in webapps/ROOT, would it?
>>> Just checking...
>>>

>> No, it's sitting in "webapps/appname/WEB-INF/jsp/otherdir/somejsp.jsp"
>>

> Well, that's very likely the cause of what you're seeing. Anything under
> WEB-INF is not permitted to be accessed directly (i.e. from outside the web
> app itself), so the context is irrelevant for such files, since it could
> never be used to access them.

I don't think that is the problem, I do it all the time.  My servlet
accesses the JSP's through dispatching.  The browser has no need to
access my JSP files directly, which is why I put them in WEB-INF.
Perhaps putting everything in WEB-INF is causing the problem, but
definitely not for the reason you described.  But, I will be looking
into this to see if putting my JSPs in WEB-INF is causing the problem or
not.  But, I'm pretty darn sure this worked before.  But, then again,
maybe it's because I never used anything other than the default context,
so I never noticed before?!?!?!