From "Kris Schneider" <k...@directthought.com>
Subject Re: c:url and context path completion
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:39:06 GMT
On 11/28/07, Trenton Adams <trent@trentonadams.ca> wrote:
> I was sure that I had read somewhere that "<c:url
> value="/images/pluslittle.gif"/>" usage would automatically cause the
> context path to be entered into the output of "c:url".  Is that not
> correct?  Because it's not working!

>From the JSTL 1.1 Spec for <c:url>:

As a consequence, an implementation must prepend the context path to a
URL that starts with a slash (e.g. "/page2.jsp") so that such URLs can
be properly interpreted by a client browser.

So, yes, the context should be prepended. What output are you actually seeing?

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@directThought.com>
directThought  <http://www.directThought.com/>