From Rusty Wright <rusty.wri...@gmail.com>
Subject namespace and taglibs?
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 23:09:14 GMT
I don't understand why I didn't get any errors from tomcat when I was missing the standard
taglibs and using the jstl core in my jsp.  Once I added the dependency for standard taglibs
to my maven pom.xml then c:forEach started working; without the dependency it was silently
ignored.  Is there something I can tweak so that in the future any namespace that I declare
in my jsp will generate an error if the jar file it needs is missing?

My jsp started as follows:

<jsp:root xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page" version="2.1">
    <jsp:directive.page
        language="java"
        contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
        pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"
    />

    <jsp:output
        omit-xml-declaration="false"
        doctype-root-element="html"
        doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
        doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"
    />

            xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"
            xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">