From Stuart Thiel <stuart.th...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FormatNumberTag
Date Sat, 11 Jul 2009 08:32:31 GMT
Hello Henri,

Yes, that would solve my immediate problem. It is a bit of a one-off
hack, though. The follow-through would be to take a look at all the
classes and identify areas where "hooks" like that would be desirable.

It is perhaps a difference in philosophies of programming, but my
preference is generally to use protected methods instead of private
methods (and avoid final methods at all costs), and that would be my
preferred approach here (I don't know your direct involvement thusfar
into how things are). However, consistency is also good to see in a
project, and it's not my show, so I'm less inclined to prosthelytize on
how to "do it right". I'd be glad to go on at length as to why I think
the protected methods approach would be best, but will only do so upon
request.

Stuart