From Stuart Thiel <stuart.th...@gmail.com>
Subject FormatNumberTag
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 20:55:25 GMT
Hello,

A number of useful methods seem to be private. It makes sub-classing the
taglibs inconvenient.

For example, I would like to extend FormatNumberTag so that I can change the
grouping separator. If configureFormatter in
org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.fmt.FormatNumberSupport were
protected, instead of private, I could simply wrap it up and extend it in a
few lines of code and let polymorphism do its thing.

As it stands, I'll need to duplicate most of the code from
FormatNumberSupport.

--
Stuart Thiel