tomee-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Romain Manni-Bucau (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (TOMEE-1470) Login not successful due to encoding problem using login-config auth-method FORM
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 11:25:12 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-1470?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14235390#comment-14235390
] 

Romain Manni-Bucau commented on TOMEE-1470:
-------------------------------------------

Hi

I guess it is more a tomcat issue than a tomcat one, did you check tomcat is not impacted?

> Login not successful due to encoding problem using login-config auth-method FORM
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: TOMEE-1470
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-1470
>             Project: TomEE
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.7.1
>         Environment: CentOS
>            Reporter: Marco Bellavia
>
> Our ear application comes with an authentication configuration in web.xml as follows:
> ...
> <login-config>
>         <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
>         <realm-name>jdbc-realm</realm-name>
>         <form-login-config>
>             <form-login-page>login.jsp</form-login-page>
>             <form-error-page>error.jsp</form-error-page>
>         </form-login-config>
> </login-config>
> ...
> We noticed that the authentification with a password containing special characters (for
example umlauts) fails with our TomEE instance running on CentOS Linux (while on Windows the
problem does not occur).
> Our application was previously deployed on a Glassfish 3.1, where we were not experiencing
the phenomen just described. There we could configure the default charset using the directive
<parameter-encoding default-charset="UTF-8"/> in sun-web.xml.
> All other encoding configurations are set to UTF-8.
> We notice the following while debugging under TomEE: calling the method getCharacterEncoding()
on the ServletRequest returns NULL, which implies that TomEE takes as default ISO-8859-1 on
CentOS.
> As recommended here: http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/CharacterEncoding#Q3 we set a
character encoding filter. On TomEE the recommended solution doesn't seem to be working. A
SetCharacterEncodingFilter was placed as first in the chain setting the encoding to UTF-8.
> We assume that setting the encoding of the request on a TomEE - as the filter does -
happens too late.
> As workaround we implemented a customized jdbc-realm class, where we convert the encoding
to UTF-8 by:
>     public Principal authenticate(final String username, final String credentials) {
>     	...
>     
>     	final String utf8EncodedCredentials = new String(credentials.getBytes("ISO-8859-1"),"UTF-8");
>     
>     	...
>     }
> We would welcome a general solution.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message