tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Problem with "Hi"
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 22:59:01 GMT
On Nov 18, 2006, at 2:05 AM, Francesco Sessa wrote:

> Hi,
> i don't be able to download the moviefun.zip. If i insert the link
> below in my browser, i download a damaged zip file.
> Can you help me?
> I tryed with the moviefun.war contained in my openejb-1.0
> directory, but i deploy it in the webapps directory, and the
> _requested resource (/moviefun/setup.jsp) is not available.

I wonder if you don't have another Tomcat process running.
Definitely check that this is not the case.  If you're on windows
check your running services and make sure you don't have a previous
install of Tomcat running as a service in the background.

It helps me sometimes when people are able to show the exact commands
to get something running, so I ran through a quick setup for you on
my machine and here are the exact commands I ran straight from my
history file.

   499  cd /tmp/
   500  wget http://apache.cs.utah.edu/tomcat/tomcat-5/v5.5.20/bin/
apache-tomcat-5.5.20.tar.gz
   501  wget http://dist.codehaus.org/openejb/distributions/
openejb-1.0.tar.gz
   502  tar xzvf openejb-1.0.tar.gz
   503  tar xzvf apache-tomcat-5.5.20.tar.gz
   504  mkdir apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/moviefun
   505  cd apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/moviefun/
   506  jar xvf /tmp/openejb-1.0/war/moviefun.war
   507  ls
   508  emacs WEB-INF/web.xml
   509  cd ..
   510  cd ..
   511  ./bin/startup.sh

When tomcat starts, the moviefun app is up and running with no
issues.  Here's my java version too for good measure:

   $ java -version
   java version "1.5.0_06"
   Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-112)
   Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-64, mixed mode, sharing)

I've also zipped up both Tomcat and OpenEJB with the Moviefun app
installed and put it up for you to download:

   http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/tmp/openejb-tomcat-moviefun.zip

When you unzip that file you will only have to edit the moviefun/WEB-
INF/web.xml file and correct the path to OpenEJB to reflect where you
unpacked the zip.  It is guaranteed not to work if that step is not
done correctly.

Hope this does the trick!  Let us know either way.

Thanks,
David