tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject EJB3 Examples -- wanna help?
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:33:43 GMT
All,

We are launching a new initiative to create some really simple and
neat EJB3 examples similar to the excellent examples that Tomcat
ships that show people how to write Servlets and JSPs.  With these
examples people will not only be able to use OpenEJB 3 very easily,
but moreover they will be one of the definitive places to learn
EJB3.  Period.

We've already received a couple volunteers, but there's more than
enough to go around, so we're sending out the word.  If you would
like to help create examples, reply to this email on the dev list and
we'll help you get started!

Here's the current wish-list:

   [OPENEJB-342] EJB 3 Examples
     [OPENEJB-343] Example: Minimal Statetless Bean via a deployment
descriptor
     [OPENEJB-344] Example: Minimal Stateful Bean via a deployment
descriptor
     [OPENEJB-345] Example: Minimal MessageDriven Bean via a
deployment descriptor
     [OPENEJB-346] Example: Minimal Statetless Bean via @Stateless
     [OPENEJB-347] Example: Minimal Stateful Bean via @Stateful
     [OPENEJB-348] Example: Minimal MessageDriven Bean via
@MessageDriven
     [OPENEJB-349] Example: Stateless Bean with Legacy Home/Remote
Interfaces
     [OPENEJB-350] Example: Stateful Bean with Legacy Home/Remote
Interfaces
     [OPENEJB-351] Example: Stateless Bean with Callbacks
     [OPENEJB-352] Example: Stateful Bean with Callbacks
     [OPENEJB-353] Example: MessageDriven Bean with Callbacks
     [OPENEJB-354] Example: @Resource for JNDI Lookups
     [OPENEJB-355] Example: @Resource for Field Injection
     [OPENEJB-356] Example: @Resource for Setter Injection
     [OPENEJB-357] Example: Using @EJB to refer to other EJBs
     [OPENEJB-358] Example: Using JDBC
     [OPENEJB-359] Example: Using JMS
     [OPENEJB-360] Example: Using JPA
     [OPENEJB-361] Example: Bean-Managed Transactions
     [OPENEJB-362] Example: Container-Managed Transactions with
@TrasactionAttribute
     [OPENEJB-363] Example: Interceptors for Business Methods
     [OPENEJB-364] Example: Interceptors for Lifecycle Callbacks
     [OPENEJB-365] Example: Default Interceptors
     [OPENEJB-366] Example: Method-level Interceptors

   see:   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-342

Each example would show how to develop, deploy and test EJB 3
applications. All examples will be heavily javadoced to explain how
they are used and will be accompanied by JUnit test cases that run
them. README.txt files will document the examples overall and detail
what the example demonstrates.  Further, all the examples and related
documentation will also be placed in the website.

We will also have a generated index page with each example indexed by
annotation. Clicking on an annotation will bring you to a page
listing the examples that have that annotation.

Come join the fun!

-David