tomee-users mailing list archives

From Per Newgro <per.new...@gmx.ch>
Subject Two datasources - one database
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 08:22:02 GMT
Hi *,

i try to port my application from jboss to openejb to use it as a standalone
version. David Blevis already helped alot on my other issue:
  HOWTO OpenEJB and HSqlDB

He noticed me to add the following lines to my ejb-jar.xml file
>       <session>
>             <resource-ref>
>                 <res-ref-name>APPLDB</res-ref-name>
>                 <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
>                 <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>             </resource-ref>
>             <resource-ref>
>                 <res-ref-name>APPLDBnoTx</res-ref-name>
>                 <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
>                 <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>             </resource-ref>
>       </session>

One of his comments was:
>  On a slightly different note, I'm curious why you'd have two
>  connectors with the exact same configuration

And now i have my problem with exactly this issue. Access to the APPLDB is
working by lookup("java:comp/env/APPLDB"). But if i try to access the no
transaction datasource by lookup("java:comp/env/APPLDBnoTx") i get a
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name "java:comp/env/APPLDBnoTx" not found.

Is there an issue in ejb spec that i cant access same database by usage of
different datasources?

PS: As the underlying database i use apaches derby (latest version)

Cheers
Per