tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB + Apache-Tomcat 6.0.x
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:59:37 GMT

On Apr 11, 2007, at 4:17 AM, José Perdigão wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anyone been able to integrate OpenEJB with Apache-Tomcat 6.0.x?
> Or is it just impossible to do it?

Hi Jose,

I've verified that OpenEJB 3 runs in Tomcat 5.5 -- hadn't tried it in
a while.

I moved on to OpenEJB 3 + Tomcat 6 and it looks like Tomcat has
changed it's classloading structure just a bit (they've removed the
"Shared" layer) so we'd just need to come up with a different
algorithm for finding the Common classloader and adding our stuff
in.  My guess is things should work fine after that.

I can point you at the right code if this is something you'd like to
hack on.  We're always on the lookout for new contributors :)

-David