tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: getConnection
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 06:48:12 GMT

On Jun 15, 2007, at 9:52 AM, zeperdi wrote:

> Currently, any attempt to open a connection, after the max pool
> size is
> reached, fails immediately. What I wanted was that the
> getConnection wait --
> a configurable number of seconds (connection timeout) -- for a
> connection to
> become available. The getConnection should fail only after the
> connection
> timeout is reached.
> is that possible?

At the moment we're using older connection management code that
doesn't support this, but we are working on getting the Geronimo JCA
connection manager in place for JDBC (it's already used for JMS)
which would allow you to set the pool size in OpenEJB to the same
pool size you DB allows.  Then you'd get the desired behavior of
waiting for the timeout you've preconfigured.

-David