tomee-users mailing list archives

From deniskulik <denis.ku...@ukonline.co.uk>
Subject Re: Running openejb.bat
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:15:19 GMT

David Blevins wrote:

> FYI, checked in a patch (revision 569858) that cleans out the startup
> text.  If you checkout before that you'll see some slight formatting
> disruption from hsql.  Put up another build just in case: http://
> people.apache.org/openejb-3.0.0-569858-bin.zip
>
> Sounds like you're maven friendly with is great.  You should check
> out our embedded testing support.  We have a few examples:
>
>    http://openejb.apache.org/examples.html
>    http://openejb.apache.org/ejb-injection-example.html
>
> An update on the comments in those examples..  You no longer need to
> set "openejb.deployments.classpath=true" or
> "openejb.deployments.classpath.include".
>
> For any maven project, you just
>
>    1.  add a test scoped dependency on openejb-core
>    2.  Make sure you have at least an empty ("<ejb-jar/">) ejb-
> jar.xml file in src/main/resources/META-INF/
>    3.  Then just use
> "org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory" as the
> provider for your InitialContext
>
> That's it.  You should be able to lookup beans and test them out.
> Transaction attributes, security constraints, jpa, etc. all work.
> And as a side note, we only load support for the things required to
> run your app... so you only pay for what you use.
>
> -David

I tried to build the source code (revision 569858) using maven, but got a
couple of compilation failures as follows:

1.
openejb3\container\openejb-core\src\main\java\org\apache\openejb\resource\jdbc\JdbcConnection.java:[26,7]
org.apache.openejb.resource.jdbc.JdbcConnection is not abstract and does not
override abstract method createStruct(java.lang.String,java.lang.Object[])
in java.sql.Connection

the last revision of this file is 450758

2.
openejb3\container\openejb-core\src\main\java\org\apache\openejb\resource\jdbc\JdbcConnectionFactory.java:[33,7]
org.apache.openejb.resource.jdbc.JdbcConnectionFactory is not abstract and
does not override abstract method isWrapperFor(java.lang.Class<?>) in
java.sql.Wrapper

the last revision of this file is 518446

I have checked out the code from this repo
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3

Did I get anything wrong?

Cheers