tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Hello from EJB 3 in Action!
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:38:51 GMT
On 9/10/07, Reza Rahman <rrahman@tripodtech.net> wrote:

> I am the co-author of EJB 3 in Action from Manning press. I am
> considering porting the example code to Tomcat/OpenEJB and make it
> available from the book's site http://www.manning.com/panda/.

Hi Reza,

It's very appreciated you've considered OpenEJB as a platform to port
the examples. It's definitely worth its time as it's the default (and
only) ejb container of Geronimo. When Geronimo passed the Java EE 5
TCK it proved OpenEJB 3.0 is fully EJB 3.0 spec compliant (yet
there're some missing features that could make it even better).

> I am wondering what the current status of EJB 3 support is though...I
> downloaded the 1.0 version of the code, looking at it briefly looks
> like EJB 3.0 is not yet supported and there are no EJB 3 samples
> included.

It's because OpenEJB 1.0 is the previous EJB 2.1 container (and am not
even sure it supported it fully). Anyway, OpenEJB 3.0 is there to
serve your EJB 3.0 development needs, but the final 3.0 has not been
released yet.

> Am I wrong? If I am right, when do you guys envision including EJB 3.0
> support as a regular download? I hate to include something for the
> book that still has a "beta" feel to it...it really doesn't look too
> good...

Well said. It should be a priority #1 for this week.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl