tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: What new in OpenEjb 3.0?
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 00:29:42 GMT

On Sep 6, 2007, at 12:20 AM, Ashish Jain wrote:

> Hi!!
>
>    Thanks a lot for the quick response. I also want to know how these
> changes leads to  performance improvement.

In terms of speed processing requests, OpenEJB 3.0 is comparable to
OpenEJB 1.0 with just a slight about of overhead for things that
weren't in OpenEJB 1.0 like jacc-based security and interceptors.

In terms of developer performance (i.e. productivity), as Mohammad
states EJB 3.0 is far superior to EJB 2.1 and many of added
conveniences in OpenEJB really boost that up quite a bit (embedded
testing, app validation, etc.).  With the ability to test/validate
your ejb applications like you would any other application, it's very
easy to sit and develop an app all day without having to make several
trips to a separately running ejb server.  No need for complicated
setups to start, stop, deploy, undeploy all day.

You can unit test everything from just plain method invocations to
security and transaction logic.  Sky is the limit.

-David