tomee-users mailing list archives

From Gerard Pretorius <g.pretor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: General EJB3: Problem persisting subclass X when adding a reference to another entity mapped to X's superclass.
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 21:18:27 GMT
On Tuesday 27 November 2007 22:48:48 Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2007 8:56 PM, Gerard Pretorius <g.pretorius@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This gives a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError if I use the subclass, but
> > saves perfectly if I use a concrete instance of the superclass. The
> > subclass is persisted if I don't add a reference to the FinancialPeriod.
>
> Nothing sprung to my mind so before I decide to reproduce it for
> myself, could you send the entire stack trace of the exception.
>
> Jacek

Hi Jacek

I committed my source to svn, did a fresh checkout, manually cleaned my tomcat
webapps/ folder and I'm no longer having the problem. Even though I was doing
an  'mvn clean install', something must have been causing the problem,
because I'm using exactly the same code.

It works perfectly now. False alarm.

Thanks,
Gerard