tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Exception while using embedded openejb for testing in eclipse
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 02:17:33 GMT
On Nov 6, 2007, at 9:37 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> Hi Per,
>
> It isn't clear what's causing the issue based on the stack trace
> (NoClassDefFoundErrors usually require some debugging).  I'm going
> to try and convert one of our examples into an eclipse project and
> see if I can't get something working.  I'll post the workspace when
> I'm done.
>
> If you'd like to post a workspace that reproduces the issue as well,
> that'd be great too.  Even if the space I create works, I'd be nice
> to know what happened for support reasons.

I was able to get something running using an example from the
downloadable examples zip as follows:

On Command line:
  1.  cd examples/calculator-stateless-pojo
  2.  mvn eclipse:eclipse

In Eclipse:
  3.  Open Eclipse
  4.  Import "examples/calculator-stateless-pojo" selecting "General-
 >Existing Projects into Workspace"

That will get your project into eclipse, but there'll be an "M2_REPO"
variable you have to define.  For that you:
  5.  Preferences -> navigate to "Java -> Build Path -> Classpath
Variables"
  6.  click New...
  7.  enter the values Name: "M2_REPO", Path: "/Users/dblevins/.m2/
repository/"  (adjust for your machine)
  8.  OK

That should do the trick.  From there you can run the
CalculatorTest.java which will show everything running embedded.

I made some screen shots, but don't have an art program to mark them
up or shrink down the file sizes.  None the less, here are a few along
with generated eclipse project:

  http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/eclipse-howto/

Hope this helps.  Let us know how it goes.

-David

P.S. Anyone out there want to turn this into an article?  Could
probably recommend you to a publisher.