tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: newbie questions
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:23:19 GMT
On Dec 11, 2007 4:04 PM, Alexander Buloichik
<Alexander_Buloichik@epam.com> wrote:

> 1. Is there any detailed description for openejb.xml format ?

I don't know about more user-friendly description than the schema
itself [1]. What do you need it for? Provided you do some advanced
stuff you shouldn't need it yet.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/container/openejb-core/src/main/resources/schema/openejb.xsd

> 2. OpenEJB 3.0 beta 1 works strange with JNDI:
>
>         IAddressLH addr=(IAddressLH)findContext.lookup("AddressEJBLocalHome");  // works
good
>         findContext.bind("AddressEntity", addr);                                // works
good
>         Object o=findContext.lookup("AddressEntity");                           // doesn't
works - javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name "AddressEntity" not found.
>         at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.IvmContext.federate(IvmContext.java:172)
>         at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.IvmContext.lookup(IvmContext.java:129)
>         at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)

I need to reproduce it. It might be a bug. I see you use EJB 2.1-style
ejbs. Is that really necessary? Why do you bind ejb objects to jndi?

> Running org.apache.openejb.jee.oejb3.OpenejbJarTest
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.328 sec <<<
FAILURE!

Is this trunk or a openejb3.0-beta-1 branch? Could you show us
target/surefire-reports/org.apache.openejb.jee.oejb3.OpenejbJarTest.txt?

> Running org.apache.openejb.jee.JeeTest
> Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.765 sec <<<
FAILURE!
> Running org.apache.openejb.jee.jpa.PersistenceXmlTest
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.016 sec <<<
FAILURE!

I need the corresponding txt files too. You may also disable running
the tests at openejb3 build with -Dmaven.test.skip as follows:

  mvn -Dmaven.test.skip clean install

Don't forget to run the build with -Dassemble.

BTW, What documentation do you follow to build openejb? What
documentation is not provided? What do you miss as far as the
documentation's concerned?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski