tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Saint Croix" <saintx.opensou...@gmail.com>
Subject EJB 3 Hello World tutorial using OpenEJB & Tomcat
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2007 07:07:38 GMT
Part 4 of the tutorial series I'm working on is done.

I just finished a demo based on the one Dain showed me over Thanksgiving
break, building a simple Hello World web app and hooking into a stateless
session bean over a local interface.  Credit for the whole presentation goes
to Dain.  Start to finish, from creating the project in IDEA 7 to running
the hello world session bean in Tomcat, takes 12 minutes.  I had some sound
synchronization problems with the video after about the fourth take, and
spent all day trying to resync it instead of starting over.  It worked
almost without a hitch and I'm satisfied with the results.

I also recompressed the screenshots I'd taken so the PDF version of the
whole tutorial series is a little more than half of its original size, even
after adding all of the content for part 4.  This is hopefully turning into
a useful user-created manual on getting started with OpenEJB.  The last
thing I intend to add to this document, in Part 5, is a straightforward
entity bean tutorial.

But it's finals week.  So that might have to wait until Friday.

Full PDF: https://wiki.umn.edu/genpdf/OpenEJB/Building_the_ATOM_stack#Part_4_HelloWorld_Tutorial_for_O

UMWiki  Topic:
https://wiki.umn.edu/view/OpenEJB/Building_the_ATOM_stack#Part_4_HelloWorld_Tutorial_for_O

Video Tutorial: