tomee-users mailing list archives

From Karsten Ohme <widerst...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: OpenEJB - Missing required persistence.xml
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:14:45 GMT
 >On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 9:36 AM,  <Karsten.Ohme@...> wrote:
 >
 >>  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 >>  <persistence version="1.0"
 >>
 >>         xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
 >>         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
 >>         xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence
 >>http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd">
 >>         <persistence-unit name="testFacadePu"
 >transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">
 >>
 ><provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
 >
 >Remove provider so OpenJPA kicks in. It actually did, but provider
 >might confuse it or openejb. Don't really know. Add <jta-data-source>
 >with the same value as <non-jta-data-source>. Remove transaction-type
 >element.

OpenJPA was not working, so I had to use Hibernate. I would also like to
use Hibernate, because the final persistence layer should be Hibernate.
There also some older Springs dependencies, so if the database layout is
not 100 % identical it does matter.

The transaction type element was necessary because of an error with
Hibernate:

See JTA Transaction Manager topic at
http://www.abcseo.com/tech/java/jboss-ebj-troubleshooting

 >What's in
 >foo.bar.testfacade.TestFacadeImplOpenEJBTest.testPersistStrecke(TestFacadeImplOpenEJBTest.java:103)?

It is a call to a stateless bean. The Bean call persist() like this :

public void persistStrecke(Strecke s) {
  em.persist(s)
}

 >Jacek