tomee-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Errors shutting down Tomcat with OpenEJB 3 Beta-2
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 22:50:34 GMT
I believe I have fixed this issue in TRUNK.

-dain

On Feb 20, 2008, at 10:59 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2008, at 12:48 AM, AdamO wrote:
>
>> I've noticed "INFO: Illegal access:" messages in my Tomcat log  
>> while testing
>> beta-2. I haven't had the messages with beta-1. Does anyone know  
>> what's
>> wrong?
>
> There is nothing wrong with your code.  This log message is caused  
> by a piece of code I added between beta-1 and beta-2 that clears a  
> leaky cache in OpenJPA.
>
> The problem we're running into is when we try to clear this cache in  
> for an application using a tomcat class loader with this code:
>
>    public static void cleanOpenJPACache(ClassLoader classLoader) {
>        try {
>            Class<?> pcRegistryClass =  
> classLoader.loadClass("org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PCRegistry");
>            Method deRegisterMethod =  
> pcRegistryClass.getMethod("deRegister", ClassLoader.class);
>            deRegisterMethod.invoke(null, classLoader);
>        } catch (Throwable ignored) {
>            // there is nothing a user could do about this anyway
>        }
>    }
>
> We run into the following code in the Tomcat class loader when we  
> load the PCRegistry class:
>
>        // Log access to stopped classloader
>        if (!started) {
>            try {
>                throw new IllegalStateException();
>            } catch (IllegalStateException e) {
>                log.info(sm.getString("webappClassLoader.stopped",  
> name), e);
>            }
>        }
>
> So, if the class loader is "stopped" it will log that huge message  
> with stack trace for every class that we attempt to load.  It will  
> take some experimenting to figure out how to avoid the exception  
> message.
>
> Anyway, your code is fine, and I think the clean up code is working  
> fine, but it would be nice to get rid of the annoying log message.
>
> -dain


Mime
View raw message