tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Unable to star the openejb
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 01:52:06 GMT

On Feb 11, 2008, at 9:59 AM, Srinivasan, Kumaran (MBS) wrote:

> I am unable to start the openejb
>

> I did following steps
>

> (1)   I  unzipped  openejb-3.0-beta-1.zip to my C:
>
> (2)   I did OPENEJB_HOME to C:\openejb
>
> (3)   I did set PATH=%OPENEJB_HOME%/bin;%PATH%
>
> (4)   Opened the command promt  and  entered the command  as  shown
> below . It gives below error message . Please let me know where I went
> wrong
>

> C:\openejb\bin>openejb start --help
>
> Unrecognized option: -javaagent:C:\openejb
>
> Could not create the Java virtual machine.

Definitely make sure you're using java 1.5 or 1.6.  The -javaagent vm
flag is new as of jdk 1.5

Also, I'd use 3.0-beta-2 rather than beta-1.  The beta-1 release is
solid from a pure ejb3 compliance perspective, but if you make any
mistakes in your configuration or application it will be frustratingly
quiet.  3.0-beta-2 has some major improvements in those regards.

-David