tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB maven problem
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 22:12:06 GMT
Hi Eivinn,

On Feb 6, 2008, at 6:57 AM, Eivinn Hustveit wrote:

> I have now successfully gotten both Hibernate and DataSource
> injection to work using transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL" in
> persistence.xml after fiddling with the openejb.xml. The one thing
> missing in the DB setup now is transaction-type="JPA". The result
> always being that Hibernate complains about not having access to the
> "JTA TransactionManager".
> Has anyone gotten this to work?

If I recall correctly, I think Martin has.  Martin, do you recall how
you hooked up the transaction manager with hibernate?

We make the transaction manager available via jndi lookup at
java:openejb/TransactionManager and also via a static method
org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB.getTransactionManager().

> I can also inform you that I had to remove most classes and that it
> is only a simple example class still being used. I will have to add
> them back one at a time to find the class(es) that prevents OpenEJB
> from setting up the InitialContext.

You should give the recently released 3.0-beta-2 a try.  http://www.apache.org/dist/openejb/3.0-beta-2/

-David