tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB - Missing required persistence.xml
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:26:49 GMT

On Feb 18, 2008, at 1:57 AM, <Karsten.Ohme@t-systems.com> <Karsten.Ohme@t-systems.com

 > wrote:

> I have attached the sample project on http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-755

> .

I got the OpenEJB test running smoothly in maven2 and attached a new
zip.  I changed the subject of the jira issue as the zip provided did
not replicate the "Auto-commit" error message.

Things I changed:
  - I did muck with your pom a bit, you don't need any of those
changes and can revert back to your other pom -- though the javaee-api
dep is a nice all in one dep.
  - Added a src/main/resources/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml file. Putting that
file in src/test/resources doesn't work unless there are also beans
you want picked up in your src/test/java dir.
  - Added managed and unmanaged datasources for your derby and mysql
setups.  These will automatically get filled in as the values of jta-
data-source and non-jta-data-source respectively, even if you didn't
specify them in your persistence.xml.
  - Changed the persistence unit in the persistence.xml to transaction-
type="TRANSACTION" (the default when unspecified).
  - Added a way for Hibernate to get the transaction manager from
openejb.  There might be another way of doing this other than the
persistence.xml.  I grabbed the hibernate source and am looking for a
better way.  Might be as simple as making it a system property instead
of a property in the persistence.xml, didn't try that.

At any rate, your named queries and persistence does work using
hibernate.

-David