tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Load time dependency ordering problem
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:16:09 GMT

On Feb 18, 2008, at 7:50 AM, Jack Cox wrote:

> David,
>
> Let me know when you've got some code to test and I'll give it a
> whirl.

I implemented the classpath as one big ear approach and didn't really
like the outcome; essentially all things pass or all things fail as
one big unit which mean one bad app can tank all the rest.  Seems the
approach we have now is the most resilient in that regard, just the
ear-to-ear referencing code could be made strong enough to handle
"lazy" references.  I.e. improved so the actual order things are
loaded doesn't matter as long as both exists when you actually try to
use the refs.  We support something like that now, but it's restricted
to remote interfaces and requires you to know in advance and
explicitly set the deploymentId of the bean you will reference.
Supporting local interfaces should be possible if both apps happen to
be in the same classloader and there's no reason we can't support the
magic mapping rules we currently have for non-lazy refs for objects
deployed in an ear.

Anyway, just an fyi.

-David