tomee-users mailing list archives

From puneetjain <puneet.ja...@wipro.com>
Subject Query Regarding Stateless Session Bean Instance Pool Configuration
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:06:39 GMT

Hi,

I have written a Stateless Session Bean and trying to deploy on Geronimo
Server, which interns uses OpenEJB. I am trying to configure the the
Stateless Session Bean Instance Pool. Regarding This I have following
issues:

Question1:
=======

How to configure the Stateless Session Bean Instance Pool size with "x" no
of bean to at the startup of the server?

Question2:
========
I have tried below configuration:

 <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.0.2/car">
        <gbean name="EJBNetworkService">
            <attribute name="port">${OpenEJBPort + PortOffset}</attribute>
            <attribute name="host">${ServerHostname}</attribute>
        </gbean>
        <gbean name="DefaultStatelessContainer">
            <attribute name="properties">TimeOut 120000
				PoolSize 100
				StrictPooling true</attribute>
        </gbean>
    </module>

I want to restrict the pool size to 100 i.e. if there are more than 100
requests come, only 100 requests will be served. Rest of the requests would
be waiting until a bean gets free. No more than 100 beans should be
instantiated to serve the requests.

With the above configuration the number of instantiate beans is more than
the pool size.

Environment:
=========
OS: Redhat Enterprise Linux 4
Application Server: Geronimo 2.0.2 with tomcat distribution
EJB 3.0
OpenEJB 2.0.2 (As per mention in the configuration
"org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.0.2/car")

Please help me to resolve the problem. Any reply will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Puneet