tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Call for Papers Opens for ApacheCon US 2008 and Google Summer Of Code 2008
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:02:53 GMT
On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 9:22 AM, David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:

>  Last time I sent a similar note a slightly younger Jacek Laskowski
>  volunteered and wrote an article on OpenEJB/Tomcat which we got
>  published on O'Reilly's onjava.com.  He even wound up being a
>  committer in the process.  Let's hope we're as lucky this time :)

Remember it. It's not that tough as I had first thought. Really. Just
a couple of sentences that out of a sudden became an article. I
enjoyed it very much. I remember it was my first exposure and couldn't
believe I was an author published on O'Reilly. Thanks Dave. It was you
who made that happen.

On that note, I thought about Google Summer of Code 2008 and OpenEJB.
I think it'd help us a lot if we could invite a student who'd learn
*us* what it is to start from scratch to learn EJB and OpenEJB. I'm
thinking about OSGi and OpenEJB. There is not much to do in this area,
but definitely worth to look at as it might turn out to be a way to
follow in the future. Shall I write an abstract for GSoC?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl