tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: EJB 3.1 Early Draft
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 19:50:13 GMT

On Mar 4, 2008, at 1:32 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:

> David I have 2 questions
>
> 1- Apache replied with NO on that JSR, Will this affect our
> implementation of EJB3.1 in OpenEJB ?

No.  The issue there is primarily around unfair "field of use"
restrictions on some JSRs, namely Java SE.  IIUC, it affects Apache
Harmony and that is what they are trying to change.  If you read the
vote comments, nearly all the vendors express the same concern.

> 2- Do you need more people in JSR318 (EJB 3.1) Expert Group, as I am
> applying for the JSPA these days ???

It's all up to Ken, the spec lead.  When you have that worked out you
can apply here: http://jcp.org/en/jsr/egnom?id=318

-David