tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Dru Devore" <ddevo...@gmail.com>
Subject Web Service and EJB 3 problem
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:03:37 GMT
I am REALLY new to openejb, though not ejbs, and I am having problems.

I am trying to deploy a project developed in NetBeans for Glassfish to
Tomcat/OpenEJB. I need to develop a method of reliably deploying a project
being developed in NB as an enterprise project using GF as the server to
Tomcat/OpenEJB. I am going to explain the project then tell you what I have
attempted with the hopes it will be enough information to get something
working. So on with the situation.

I have 2 projects, part of an enterprise project in NB, They are OH-war and
OH-ejb. The war contains a set of services that access the stateless session
beans (3.0) in the OH-ejb project, it also contains a servlet that starts a
timer to perform a scheduled task that is also in an ejb from the OH-ejb
project. I know the task and services are setup properly and they run
without problems in GF though I cannot get any of it to work in TC/OEJB.

What I have tried:
I was told that I should be able to simply throw the war file from NB in the
webapps directory and it will work. Well it didn't really work so much.

I think I have the OpenEJB installed correctly because the install seemed to
work and it says it deploys it when the server comes up. I can see it saying
that it is deploying /openejb and the /OH-war projects but that is just
about all the good there is.

1. I can't find a wsdl anywhere, in a browser or on the HD, so the services
are unaccessable.

2. As for the servlet, I put prints in the init around where it starts the
task for timing and they are simply not being printed out. Figuring that it
might be the @EJB in the servlet that might be making it not work correctly
I removed everything related to EJBs.

At this time I don't have any idea what it is doing but I can say that it is
not doing what I thought I was asking it to do...

If anyone has any suggestions I would be willing to try them. If anyone has
any examples of web services or servlets I will look at them also. I know it
must be something I am doing I just don't know what it is..

--
Dru Devore
The best Christian community now online.